Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One of those days....

Deadlines collided this morning, which left me with two papers to write....which led to me getting 3.5 hours of sleep. I bribed myself to leave the house with the promise of oatmeal at a favorite coffeeshop, and made it to class about 15 minutes late. Met with a research participant, met with my boss, brainstormed ideas for FINDING more participants, shuttled+walked home, dropped some stuff off at post office, currently prepping for a guest lecture tomorrow.

Somewhere in the sleep deprived state, it clicked: I'm grateful. Grateful to be a research study coordinator- this is a pretty small study, but I'm good at this and it excites me. Grateful that I can teach, and I love it. Today I got to talk about ovulation, cervical fluid, and sperm....tomorrow I get to lecture about infant mortality. Three writing projects are in various degrees of progress right now- one about fighting HIV/AIDS through promoting gender equitable beliefs, one about promoting low-technology cervical cancer screening in developing countries, and one on gender expectations and contraceptive use. Yeah, everything's pretty scattered...but I'm learning, I'm growing, and I'm happy.

No, I didn't plan to be 27 and still up at all hours with school assignments. I know I'll feel that more tomorrow.But even though life can suck, I love it. And that's all I really want to say.

No comments: